[Vision2020] Letter to the Editor re Our View Editorial

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 10 13:03:14 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

Since Kai has brought up Edward Swan's difficulties at WSU as a potential
cause for the vandalism of Melynda Huskey's rig, I thought I'd share a
letter I wrote to the Daily News in response to the Steve McClure's
editorial which appeared last Tuesday, 10/4/2005.  While I no longer
subscribe to the Daily News, I've not heard that my letter has been
published.  So much for timeliness!

Since we're fortunate to have the participation of several university-types
here on V2020, perhaps some of them would like to elaborate on the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?

For those interested in learning more about FERPA, please check out:
http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
OR (if the link breaks in transmission)
http://tinyurl.com/3ydvw

For those who missed McClure's editorial, I'm sharing below my letter the
text that was sent to me by a friend.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****