[Vision2020] Poll on Idahostatesman.com

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:00:48 PDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Pat Kraut <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:
> So, you believe that all those parents who want an open discussion on
> evolution and intelligent design are too stupid to truly understand the
> issue??

I won't judge "all" of those parents, but I know from conversations
with MANY of those parents that they are too stupid to truly
understand the issue, yes.  I would prefer to substitute the words
"too stupid" with "ill educated," because the conditions are not
really synonymous (although, effectively, often the same thing).

> They are only going by what their religious leaders tell them and
> they are not sophisticated or well read enough to KNOW what to believe.
> Its just good to see you actually acknowledge that Tom.

Clever sophistry there, but I'll bite.  If you believe something only
because your religious leaders tell you it is so, then you are stupid,
and no amount of education will likely remedy that; it therefore
follows that no amount of sophistication or reading will help, either,
as any opinions that you might form could be trumped by your religious
leader.