[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (October 9, 2005)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 19:41:19 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries:

On behalf of Brother Carl and myself, a big thank you to Nancy Chaney for
appearing on the show tonight.  It was a pleasure to have her as our guest,
and I agree with Tom Hansen that Nancy's answers to the 5 Questions were
thoughtful, thorough and from the heart.  I also enjoyed playing Nancy's
song, Jim Croce's "Workin' At The Carwash."  Yeah!

BTW, for those who have already emailed me to ask, the songs Carl and I
played during the first hour were (in order):

Laura Love, "You Ain't Got No Easter Clothes"
MST3K, "Tubular Boobular"
Phranc, "Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter"
Jaime Anderson, "I Wanna Be A Straight Guy"
The Go-Go's, "Our Lips Are Sealed"
Helen Reddy, "I Am Woman"

That last one certainly takes me back -- Billie Jean King whipping the tar
out of Bobby Riggs.  Ah, those were the days.  Of course, all of the above
were dedicated to Ed "I'm homosocial, not homosexual, honest!" Iverson, the
fascinating new Moscow-Pullman Daily News columnist.

(Note to Nathan Alford, Jr.: What the hell were you smoking when you made
that editorial choice?  Can I have some?)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Tomorrow afternoon, dear Muscovites, I will be in New York City.  NEW
YORK CITY!  But I promise not to eat any picante sauce.  That would be *so*
inauthentic.