[Vision2020] "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 15:32:20 PDT 2005

Dear Fellow Oil Hogs-

"Within a century the melting could lead to summertime ice-free ocean
conditions not seen in the area in a million years, the group said Tuesday."

Above quote from this web link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9053898/

Global warming?  Just a questionable theory, like evolution!  There are too
many gaps in the fossil record to really say for sure for the heck happened!
And don't forget, how do you explain the "evolution" of a complex molecule like
DNA?  Those silly scientists!  And the "law of gravity," also, just a theory,
supported by sampling a very small percentage of all the possible samples of
matter in the billions of light years of volume and billions of years of time
passed in our universe...Well, that is, unless the universe popped into
existence just a few thousand years ago, which is entirely "possible," with all
memories and evidence to indicate otherwise just a fantastic trick to test our
faith.  That's what those pre-homo sapien sapien hominid remains (my "mother"
Lucy!) from millions of years ago are there for, correct?

http://www.asu.edu/clas/iho/lucy.html

http://www.d.umn.edu/cla/faculty/troufs/anth1602/pctimes.html

What do these elitist scientists know, anyway?  Why, they have no "absolute
proof" that suddenly gravity will not suddenly weaken, that evolution resulted
in human intelligence, nor that the Earth will not soon become colder, making
a fool of those who think the best scientific evidence indicates major climate
change will likely kick humanity's ass in the next century or two, caused in
large part by human activity.

I hope "intelligent design" is true, in some sense.  Then perhaps whatever or
whoever is behind "intelligent design" can now induce the advent of
"intelligence" on Earth.  As implied by the comedy act once done by Tily Tomlin, "The
Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe," whether "intelligence"
exists seems open to question.  Current human responses from the most powerful
in the bastions of  political/economic/ideological hegemony to the coming
crisis caused by melting ice raising ocean levels appears to indicate minds ruled
by instinctual short sighted immediate gain, a characteristic of "lower" life
forms, rather than leaving behind a better world for future generations not
yet born.

Now, on to my fire breathing CO2 belching dragon (usually referred to as a
"car") to be a good American consumer!

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Admiral David G. Farragut Mobile Bay,
Alabama August 5, 1864.