[Vision2020] Leading Figure in Evolution Debate to Speak at U of I October 12

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 4 11:28:26 PDT 2005

LEADING FIGURE IN EVOLUTION DEBATE TO SPEAK AT U OF I OCT. 12

Eugenie Scott, one of the nation's leading voices in a dispute about
evolution education in public schools, will visit the University of Idaho
Oct. 12.

Her talk, "Why Scientists Reject Intelligent Design," will begin at 7 p.m.
in the U of I Administration Building Auditorium. The talk is free and open
to the public. She is executive director of the Oakland, Calif.-based
National Center for Science Education that defends the teaching of evolution
in public schools and serves as a clearinghouse for information for
educators. Scott earned a doctorate in physical anthropology from the
University of Missouri. The talk is sponsored by the Department of
Biological Sciences Colloquium and the Randall Seminars: Women in Science at
the University of Idaho.

Take care, Moscow.

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a
garage makes you a mechanic."