[Vision2020] Temporary phone outage

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Tue Oct 4 09:56:25 PDT 2005

Press/Media Release

To: All media outlets
From: Jennifer L. McFarland
	Public Information Officer
Date: 4 October 2005
RE: Phone lines

This morning the Sheriff's Office main business line (882-2216) was out of
service for several hours.  The Sheriff's Office had arranged with Verizon
to have some work done on our internal administrative lines at 11:00 am
today at which time an auxiliary line would have been set up to receive
calls without any interruption in services.  However, technicians from
Verizon began work on the Sheriff's Office lines before 11:00-before the
auxiliary line had been set up.  Verizon is currently working to fix this
problem, but at the time of this release (9:45 am) the 882-2216 line is
still not functioning.  All other Sheriff's Office lines are functioning,
including our 9-1-1 lines and direct lines to deputies' desks.  If you call
the 882-2216 number and are unable to get through to the Sheriff's Office
today-or any other time-you are encouraged to call the Latah County
Courthouse at 882-8580.  Calls to the Courthouse can be transferred to the
Sheriff's Office.

Jennifer L. McFarland, PIO
(208) 892-5664

Officer Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
(208) 892-5664
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson