[Vision2020] Tonight's Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 19:08:58 PDT 2005

On behalf of Brother Carl and myself, I would like to thank Dan
Carscallen for being on our show this afternoon.  He was a charming
guest, interesting and funny, and Carl and I were both interested in
what he had to say in answer to the five questions which I posted to
2020 a couple of weeks ago.  Dan has a great sense of humor and, like
our guests last week, Kit Craine and Aaron Ament, he demonstrated a
very thorough knowledge about many subjects related to city growth and
development.  I'd also like to note that Dan picked as his "song" the
Imperial March from "Star Wars."  I like that!  Well worth the 99 cents
I had to spend downloading it from iTunes . . .

So -- we now have Stephanie Kalasz's candidate list in hand.  Some
names I recognize; others, I don't.  Next week will be Carl's and my
last show until November 2nd.  I'll be out of town beginning October
10th, but we would like to extend an invitation to those candidates on
the list to come on the show, pick a tune, answer the five questions,
and shoot the breeze.  We've got room for two next Sunday, and we're
trying to arrange a suitable substitute for us for the two weeks we'll
be on hiatus.  It's true that Carl and I are unfair and unbalanced, but
we'll ask you all the same five questions, and we are gracious hosts,
if I do say so myself.  Who else with their own bossy two-hour radio
show would allow you to pick a song?  Heck, that's like picking the
music when you're the passenger in the car.  It just doesn't happen.

Nancy Chaney, Peg Hamlett, Herman Adona, mayoral candidates for Moscow,
our door next Sunday is open.  If you're interested in coming on the
show, please let us know.  We'd love to hear from you about the future
of Moscow.  (Well, Carl would love to hear from you.  I don't actually
live inside city limits, so officially, I don't care.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: Just out of curiosity, how many votes do voters get in city
elections?  There are three 4-year seats open; do voters get three
votes on the 4-year seats?
PPS: I realize this may strike some of you as a grotesquely ignorant
question, but do please remember, I live outside the city limits.  It's
a wonder I have a full set of teeth.