[Vision2020] Southern Fantasy: Banning The Bible

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Nov 28 16:29:45 PST 2005

Keely Wrote:

You can argue that today's American culture reeks in a lot of areas, but
it's painful to hear you wax poetic about some imagined Utopia,
neo-Jerusalem, or homespun well of wholesome Christian goodness that existed
only in the minds of those very few who were lucky enough to be born into
the ruling class.

Me:

I think I have been clear enough that I was making a mere comparison.  I
have not waxed poetic or imagined any sort of Utopia. And I'm not sure why
you should be allowed dogmatism about all the evils of the culture of the
South if I'm not allowed to think there was something respectable about it.

Michael Metzler