[Vision2020] The CO-OP Sells Stuff From China/Wal-Mart Salary

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Nov 26 06:40:27 PST 2005

Arnold stated:

"Many people at Wal-mart make more than you do. The Wal_Mart health
insurance program is better than the UI Student Health Insurance program,
and it comes with the job."

If, by your latter sentence, you are suggesting that Wal-Mart is better than
the insurance program in which I am a member, Arnold, let me fully assure
you that you couldn't be more wrong.

I am NOT a subscriber/user/member of UI's Blue Cross insurance plan.  I am a
member of Tri-Care.  Tri-Care's premiums are virtually non-existent.  The
most I ever pay for prescriptions under Tri-Care's co-pay policy is $9.00.
As far as medical/hospital coverage under Tri-Care is concerned:  Two years
ago I underwent a double hernia operation at Gritman.  In addition to the
operation, Tri-Care covered a two-night stay at Gritman.  The invoice total
was in excess of $10,000.  Out-of-pocket I paid $359.50.  My Tri-Care policy
currently expires at age 65.  However, due to slow and deliberate
degeneration of Medicare, consideration is currently being given to
extending Tri-Care policies for life.

The reason why I explained this, Arnold, is to suggest that not only should
UI adopt an insurance program comparable to Tri-Care, but Wal-Mart should
offer its employees nothing less.

And . . . oh, yeah . . . my Tri-Care policy came with my job up until I
retired and continues to this day.

Take care, Moscow.

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)