[Vision2020] Cool Map tool --GIS for the rest of us

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue Nov 22 11:21:54 PST 2005

Google Maps meets social software.

Check out this map of Moscow Parks  http://wayfaring.com/maps/show/865

While you are there, click on the push pin ³A² for Berman Creekside Park,
find some text Bill London wrote in MoscowWiki and some images from my
Flickr account.

This map was started by a friend, SCSpaeth, and saved in a way that a group
can edit it. I added Travois Linear Park, East City Park and Ashbury-Almon
Park.

An interesting feature is that the points on the map can be shared among
maps. So I just created a new map of features along 3rd street (thinking
about the bru-ha-ha around the 3rd street bridge, and fighting the City map
for map) and imported East City Park to my new map.
http://wayfaring.com/maps/show/941   This view shows the detail of East City
Park waypoint, and the maps that are using it
http://wayfaring.com/waypts/show/5174