[Vision2020] Wal-Mart cause and effect

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Mon Nov 21 10:26:27 PST 2005

I am beginning to see this as only a labor, union problem. I think the union
world has lost some control and are not happy. I wonder if you look at who
funded the movie against Wal-Mart it was a lot of union money. I have worked
both with a union and without one. I can tell you that there was no perfect
answer to the problems on the job either way. Unions may well have hurt
themselves with their high wages and pension demands so much that they are
on the way out without any movement by the government. The Delta employees
would not give an inch and are going to loose their jobs for their tough
minded stupidity. Car manufacturing is all but leaving the USA because of
the union demands. I was in a meeting where the Teamster rep talked about
blowing up buildings so I know they do it and will again. They made some
great changes in the beginning but they may well have now gone so far that
they are pushing us out of the market.