[Vision2020] Develpment in Wayne's World

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:50:39 PST 2005

Wayne

The GWPZ bars businesses like Wendt Pottery from locating here.  Is it your
contention that a pottery production facility that turns out 4500 tons of
finished ceramic clay body a year for sale to other artists is a bad fit for
business here on the Palouse?

And SEL is a perfect example of a business that could not operate here just
across the state line in Latah County.  Its an industrial development Wayne
and we have no industrial zone either in the coty or in the county that has
enough room to house them.

Whitman County has a Port District to assist in its transportation and
commerce requirements.  Latah County has none.  Pullman still has a working
rail connection.

As for your standard lone wolf idea, its been tried elsewhere and is an
economic failure.  So somebody wants to have an Ezine in Moscow.  Its all
electrons Wayne, his writers can be anywhere and do not have to move to
Moscow because the publishers are here.

Those kinds of businesses do not contribute heavily to the local economy,
just supply a couple of fat cats on a hill.  Where are the living wage jobs
supposed to be in those businesses Wayne?

And you are not the only person who has worked in Planning Wayne.  I did a
lot of work in planning in the past and I show up at the county planning
meetings as often as possible.  I really do not recall seeing you there
Wayne.  Is that an oversight on your part?

Phil Nisbet