[Vision2020] Economics of Business and new development

Mark Seman fcs at moscow.com
Thu Nov 17 14:37:48 PST 2005

The most "clean" businesses I can think of that would be viable and
beneficial to Moscow are "mom & pop" home occupations.  For the most part,
they are very low impact no matter what service or product is sold.

In lieu of one larger company employing 100 people, "what if" there were 100
home occupations?  I would venture that the resultant entreprenurial efforts
and business brainpower would surpass the community benefit of the one
larger company.

The resultant personal interest and participation in community affairs would
be higher, through greater volunteerism on community boards, activity with
the Chamber, donation towards community events, continuity in family life,
and the overall promotion of community good.

They are not a complete panacea, but home occupations can help Moscow grow
economically, while at the same time minimizing the need for increased
infrastructure.

And "what if" each had 1 employee ...

Mark

Mark Seman