[Vision2020] Our town rocks!

Nancy Chaney nchaney at moscow.com
Wed Nov 16 23:33:48 PST 2005

Visionaries:

I borrowed the subjectline from a young boy I met in Paradise Creek
Bicycles yesterday. He and his friend initiated a conversation with me
about political issues. They were well-informed, refreshingly
inquisitive, and rationally opinionated, despite being years away from
casting ballots themselves. To be sure, they and their parents regularly
discuss current events, but more, the boys genuinely care how Moscow
turns out. They already recognize what an uncommonly wonderful place
this is, or as the boy explained, "Our town rocks!"

It was a simple but powerful reminder of the responsibility we share to
keep Moscow the place that we and others will love for generations to
come. That's the mindset I'm taking with me to the New Cities open house
in Moscow's 1912 Center tomorrow. I hope that you will bring your
enthusiasm, frustration, vision, passions, talents, and your friends
too! The informal drop-in session will run from 5:00-7:00PM on Thurs.
Nov. 17. Please come share your ideas for Moscow's future.

Nancy Chaney
Moscow City Council & Mayor-Elect

 (208) 882-9350 / fax (208) 882-7155
Help build community!