[Vision2020] Maybe not an intolerista, but slightly confused.

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Nov 14 21:01:07 PST 2005

Tim Wrote:

Again, provide me with some evidence that Mr. Curley and his clients have
filed a complaint because of prejudice.  Yes, a lot of people in this town
do not like Wilson et al. however, I do not feel as though the complaints
are motivated by a dislike of Wilson et al.

Me:

I've known Dustin since the second day I pulled into Moscow 9 years ago. My
second night in Moscow I had a lengthy conversation with Dustin about his
interesting relationship with Wilson and his own issues with the Christian
Faith (I recall many specifics). We kept up in many profound ways in many
interesting contexts over the years; I was also a friend of his brother. And
I believe that it was Joseph's first year here in Moscow when I hung around
him a bit and sub-leased an apartment to him with some other guys. However,
I won't try to speak here regarding Joseph, since I know Dustin and his
brother far better. When I hear someone seriously maintain the notion that
they don't think this zoning complaint is meant as a specific attack on
Wilson and NSA (like, could have been anybody.) all I can really do is
starting chuckling to myself and begin musing about what a funny world I
live in.  Without getting into specifics, I would want to strongly caution
all you Visionaries in asserting this sort of hypothesis.  As soon as any of
the relevant facts were put on the table (which I guess would include my own
testimony), I'm afraid you'd have to eat your words : -)

Hope that helps.

Philosophically Yours,

Michael Metzler