[Vision2020] City council elections-immediate appt. of Mr. Ament

John Dickinson johnd at moscow.com
Sun Nov 13 17:31:17 PST 2005

Dan,

You asked about an example, which I don’t have, but the Lewiston city code
has this section in it (the link to the code is
http://www.codepublishing.com/ID/Lewiston/Lewis13.html )

Sec. 13-31. Candidates to specify term for which they are seeking election.

Candidates shall specify if they are candidates for the two-year term of
office and candidates for the two-year term shall not be candidates for any
four-year term on the ballot. The person elected to fill the remaining
two-year term shall take office at the first council meeting following the
general city election. (Ord. No. 3504, § 1, 9-4-79)

Since this follows the Idaho Code, I would assume that they have followed
this procedure when filling vacancies. To find out about the last such
appointment, we’d only need to call Lewiston City Hall in the morning.

John

Ament