[Vision2020] Saint Brigid, beer and cats

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Nov 12 10:22:03 PST 2005

[Vision2020] Saint Brigid, beer and cats

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Nov 11 23:42:16 PST 2005

Ralph Writes:

... early Christians that they had no time to think of either beer or
cats They
didn't even have time to think about sex (1 Corinthians 7:29-31).

Me: [Michael]

Paul rebuked this church for sleeping with mom and getting drunk at
church
(among some other things). Sheesh guys; at least pick up the book in the
drawer by your hotel bed before posting to Vision 2020 for now on.

I like Paul and I don't like cats. (just trying to give you guys another
topic for conversation).

Michael Metzler

Ralph:

Michael has not addressed the issue at all. Instead, he thinks he can
run away from it by totally misrepresenting what Paul said,
deliberately taking my remark out of context, and trying to change
the topic. So here is what I actually said:

"As to why neither appears in the New Testament, I suspect that the
expectation of the imminent Second Coming of Christ was so fully in
the minds of many of the early Christians that they had no time to
think of either beer or cats They didn't even have time to think
about sex (1 Corinthians 7:29-31)."

Michael, I don't depend on Gideon Bibles in hotels for my
information. I have plenty at home, and in at least half a dozen
different languages. Go read your Bible again, Michael.