[Vision2020] RE: HTML Formatting and the Blind

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 22:36:43 PST 2005

Tommy,

You wrote:

"E-mail software for the blind?"

The blind do use ATM machines and read email. Deaf
people talk on the phone. There are even people with
no legs that run and people with no hands that drive.

"Well, that certainly explains the Braille keys on
drive-thru ATM machines."--Hansen

How can one criticize Doug Wilson (more accurately
Steve Wilkins) for plagiarizing but at the same time
steal the work of another without giving credit to
them? That joke was first made by comedian Alan Marx,
not Tommy Hansen.

http://www.chucklemonkey.com/hacklist.htm

Braille is required on drive up ATMs because many
people that are blind use taxis and do not want to
disclose their pin number to the driver. After a
person that is blind learns what is on each screen of
a particular ATM, they can use it independently if in
a taxi or the passenger of another vehicle. Most banks
are now also starting to create talking ATM machines.

Take Care,

-DJA