[Vision2020] Hagiography and sarcasm

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 22:28:59 PST 2005

Michael Metzler observes that if I weren't so sarcastic, Aaron Rench
might possibly learn something from me, to which I reply that if
Grandma were a bus, we could all take a ride.  I am that I am, Michael,
my boy, and if you don't like it, well . . . let's just say that bigger
and better men than your own dear self have tried to shame me into
behaving in a more ladylike fashion.  Where are they now?  In broken
pieces on countless chat room floors.

Glad to see you backing away from our local Reformed Christian
experiment in hagiography, but really -- Aaron Rench made you do it?
You're probably too young to remember the Flip Wilson catch phrase,
"The devil made me do it," but I suggest you catch a few Flip Wilson
re-runs on TV Land.  I think a little Flip Wilson as "Geraldine" would
do you good.

"What you see is what you get, and what you don't see has already been
got!"

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: Come on, Ralph -- I'm dying to hear the answer to why there are no
cats in the Bible.  Do tell!