[Vision2020] Evolution's Sky

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Thu Nov 10 07:04:34 PST 2005

Tom said:
"I fail to understand your comment, Mr. Nisbet.  Contrary to your
statement that Jimi Hendrix was "not exactly noted for his lyrical
accomplishments", I beg to differ.  Have you gone beyond the music and
actually listened to the words of such songs as "Along the Watchtower"
to name one."

"All Along the Watchtower" was written by Bob Dylan (who Tom mentions)
and released on the album *John Wesley Harding* in December, 1967.  The
Jimi Hendrix Experience covered it in 1968 on the album *Electric
Ladyland*.  It is, of course, the more recognized version, but lets give
credit where it is due.

Nothing to get hungabout, Strawberry Fields forever.

DC

P.S.  Yes, I know "Strawberry Fields Forever" is a Beatles tune, but it
was on the radio at this very moment and the line seemed apropriate.