[Vision2020] kirk email

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Nov 7 17:24:53 PST 2005

Dear Visionaires and Kirkers Who Might Be Lurking,

On Thursday, Nov. 3, a confidante of Doug Wilson’s sent an inflammatory
email to the Christ Church/Trinity Reformed Church email list, strongly
discouraging church members from voting for Nancy Chaney, Aaron Ament, Kit
Craine, Evan Holmes, and Bob Stout.

The writer predicated his email on a single dubious issue, saying, “This
election will be critical to the future of New Saint Andrews, Atlas School,
Christ Church, and Trinity Reformed,” and he went on to misrepresent and/or
distort the truth concerning the above-named candidates’ positions.  I have
talked with Kit at length, and I have never heard her say anything – good,
bad, or indifferent – about NSA, the Kirk, or any religious group.  I recall
a letter to the editor from Aaron this summer stating that he only wants
code to be enforced and has no animus toward NSA, and I have to assume he is
speaking truthfully.  Evan has maintained elsewhere that he did respond to
the infamous Wilsonian questionnaire when appropriate, given the ethical
imperatives of his position on the Board of Adjustment.

The writer continued his screed by declaring that the Moscow Civic
Association “was formed in the summer of 2002 specifically in reaction to
New Saint Andrews College and Christ Church,” which, I’m guessing, would be
news to MCA, and he closed it by encouraging members not to “waste” their
votes.  He also encourages NSA students to register to vote.  (They should,
but not because a Big Guy tells them to).

It is difficult to imagine why a religious organization that claims no
political agenda would resort to duplicitous scare tactics in order to
manipulate its membership, although it is, perhaps, easy to see why Christ
Church would.  Nonetheless, there is a moral and Biblical imperative to not
bear false witness, and many of the statements below are just that.  I
believe it is important for voters to know this.

keely emerine mix