[Vision2020] Slavery, Wayne, & keely answers doug

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 14:36:22 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/4/2005 11:09:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
metzler at moscow.com writes:

One  of the most influential experiences I had on this issue was a series of
lectures given by Wilkins about 8 years ago in Portland; I recall some from
the hosting  church community of these lectures as very critically minded, and
slow to  accept some of Wilkin’s views.  Since then, I think they have grown
very  fond of him.

Mr. Metzler's enthusiasm for Steve Wilkins contribution to the field of
history is lamentable.  Steve Wilkins is many things but he is not a  trained or
credible historian.  Consider the following remarks  (which come from his own
website).

"Wilkins No one (as far as I can see)  can justify everything that was done
to the Indians (especially in the 19th  century). But we must remember that
they had no concept of "ownership" --- nor  any reservations about killing prior
inhabitants. Those whom we call "Indians"  are actually indo-europeans who
came to this continent many moons ago and killed  off the inhabitants they found
here. We must not justify the sins of anyone ....  Europeans, Indians,
Northerners, Southerners, Africans, South Americans, etc.  but let's be careful about
taking sides with unbelievers without careful  examination of all the facts."

Steve Wilkins, a featured  speaker at the conference, asks and answers the
following question regarding  Native Americans in his audio taped series for
home schooled students, 350 Years of American  History:
“What precisely did the Indians lose  because of Christianity?
We  can list a few things: They lost tyranny, oppression, and ignorance. They
lost  the terrifying spirit-world of paganism. They lost their ferocious
hatred for  others that fed fierce racism and cruelty. They lost the practices of
human  sacrifice and cannibalism, infanticide and euthanasia, immorality and
homosexuality. They lost a way of life predicated upon death and destruction.
Only in this century have such "losses" been viewed as a reason for grief”
_http://www.homeschoolchristian.com/ChristianEd/Wilkins.html_
(http://www.homeschoolchristian.com/ChristianEd/Wilkins.html)
 Steve Wilkins' version of history is constructed on a foundation  of
ignorance, bigotry and wishful Reformed thinking.  If V2020 readers want  to have a
clearer understanding of U.S. history as preached by Wilkins and  Wilson, I
urge them to take five minutes and follow the link provided  above.

Rose  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi