[Vision2020] Difference #15

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Mon May 30 15:51:54 PDT 2005

Greetings:

I'm gratified by the responses--both private and public--to my post on
Evangelical Christianity and Wilsonian Christianity.  The 15th difference
is appended below and entire piece can now be viewed at
www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/evang.htm.  I'm sure I'll think of some more as
time passes and more of Wilson's theological experiments come to light.

Let me emphasize that Doug Wilson and I had cordial relations until
November, 2003, and then I discovered that he was linked to the
neo-Confederates and co-authored the slavery booklet with one of them.  His
dishonest response to the slavery booklet made me lose all respect for him.

Let me also emphasize that I have always distinguished between Wilson and
his congregation.  On several occasions--here and in the local
newspapers--I have said that Christ Church deserves an honest
pastor.  Former church members have posted documents that show that in the
early 1990s church elders tried to force Wilson to resign, but, clever
devil that he is, he out-foxed them.  Read the entire affair at
http://dougsplotch.com/judas.htm.

As far as facts go on V2020, it is a really easy to check most of these out
because I provide documentation on nearly every major point. If you find
that this is not the case, e-mail me immediately.

15. Most CEC colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest regularly
attend and participate in the regional meetings of the American Academy of
Religion and Society for Biblical Literature.  At the Moscow meeting in
April 2003, 40 percent of the papers were presented by faculty from these
schools.  As president of the region that year I invited faculty and
students from Wilson's New St. Andrews College to participate.  No one from
NSA showed up, even though there were no travel expenses. Later NSA Dean
Roy Atwood responded that they had better things to do.

Yours for constructive relations with Christian evangelicals,

Nick Gier