[Vision2020] The Moscow Taliban

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Mon May 30 15:29:14 PDT 2005

Greetings:

In a previous post I reported that I had changed the content in the link
that Dale Courtney used without my permission.  The picture (with a
different file name) is still there for those who wish to be known to my
Hindu guru Swami Beyondananda, so check him out at
www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/gallery.htm.  I met him at a Halloween party and
he has been a trusted spiritual advisor ever since.

First, Courtney cannot tell the difference between a real Muslim Mullah and
a fictitious Hindu Swami.  So strike number one of three strikes.

Second, I made no mention of evangelical Christians in the article in
question at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.   In my most recent post
I noted at least 14 differences between evangelicals and Doug Wilson, and
they are included only if they accept the three conditions below, which I
believe very few would. The three conditions, however, fit Wilson perfectly.

When comparing the Fanatic Religious Right across the world, the term
"fundamentalist" is used by Karen Armstrong, Marty Martin, and many
others.  The common characteristics are 1) a strong true believer/infidel
division (made by humans not God), 2) a rejection of modern secular culture
and liberal democracy, and 3) an affirmation of theocracy and the rule of
religious law.

Third, the context of the phrase "Moscow Taliban" is in the following
paragraph.  Please note the chilling phrase "if we could have it our way,"
and then the crimes that would carry the death penalty. There would be no
burkas, but women could not vote and would be ruled by their husbands.  But
more frightening is this: those who are not Christians would be under the
threat of death because apostasy would be a capital crime. We now know
enough about Wilson to realize that he is not kidding.  So, read for you
self and make your own judgment.

"Another parallel between Christian and Islamic fundamentalism is a desire
to make religious laws the laws of the land. In his regular column in
Wilson's Credenda Agenda (vol. 3: nos. 9, 11), Greg Dickison, member of
Wilson's Christ Church and a Moscow public defender, states that "if we
could have it our way," then there would be capital punishment for
"kidnapping, sorcery, bestiality, adultery, homosexuality, and cursing
one's parents."  Dickison also quotes biblical passages (without
qualification) that support slavery as "ordained and regulated by God,"
death for apostasy (Deut. 13.6-9), and cutting off a woman's hand for
touching a strange man's genitals (Deut. 25.11,12). Behold, the Moscow
Taliban!"

For the entire essay see www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.htm.  As far
as facts go on V2020, it is a really to check most of these out because I
provide documentation on nearly every point.  If you find that this is not
the case, e-mail me immediately.

Nick Gier