[Vision2020] Speaking of self-important morons . . .

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 12:47:48 PDT 2005

Phil Nisbet writes:

"Perhaps as you wail away at what seems to be your standard screed, you might
remember that you had earlier suggested that you were primarily truthful and
discoursed on this list in a thoughtful manner.  How exactly does your
Taliban posting lead to any such thing?

Yes it made you feel better, but then most of your very untruthful and very
skewed commentaries denigrating others seem to serve just that theraputic
purpose for you.  Public ranting is hardly discourse and is not thoughtful
and seldom leads to any truths bein g examined."

Dear Visionaries:

I originally responded to this post by privately advising Mr. Nisbet to "get stuffed."  Then I added his name to my ever-increasing "block sender" list.

But wait -- isn't this the same Phil Nisbet who spent more than two years trying to convince us that Naylor Farms' kaolin mining operation was nothing more than a lovely little grape farm?  If so, then I've seen Mr. Nisbet in action; I have watched him ranting up close and in person.  I have heard him shout "the Grand Ronde ain't no Oglalla!" at reasonable questions from reasonable citizens like Lois Blackburn and Dianne French.  So here's an ad hominem observation for you: Mr. Nisbet is an obnoxious jackass.  God help us all if he takes to posting on this list at the Speed of Donovan, i.e., V2020 = DJA to the 15th power.  Just in case, I think I'd better leave Mr. Nisbet on my Bozo filter.

But first, I must take issue with his objection to posting to this list (or anywhere else) for purely therapeutic purposes.  Therapy -- whatever form it takes -- can be very useful.  And on Vision 2020, it's free!  Just a reminder to the non-therapeutic users: block sender and delete key.  Use them.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
wwwl.auntie-establishment.com