[Vision2020] kirkers and queening

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri May 27 13:17:38 PDT 2005

Steven,

Welcome aboard!  "Kirkers" is a nickname for those who attend Christ Church
in Moscow.  CC is very into their Celtic/Anglo/Brave Men of Chest thing, and
"Kirk" is Scottish for "Church."

And for Dale -- I believe that "queening" comes from the behavior often
exhibited by female cats, especially those who are pregnant or lactating,
who are called "queens" by veterinarians.  The behavior described is one of
wailing, snarling, shrill and often petty irritability, such as that shown
by a postpartum feline who resents that you want to use the shower stall in
which she's just given birth.

The preternaturally snotty Christopher Witmer's guess that it involves
objections voiced by male homosexuals is as offensive as the tone of his
post on Dale Courtney's blog regarding the definition of "queening."   What
a witty man of chest that Mr. Witmer is . . .

Hope that helps.

keely emerine mix