[Vision2020] Wasting Time

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Fri May 27 12:10:42 PDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Melynda Huskey wrote:

> I'm noticing a trend . . . people who just can't leave Vision 2020
> alone--whether they're posting 10 or 15 times a day, or generating
> blog content from a safe and controlled distance--are the most angry
> and dismissive about what a waste of time it is.  The folks who accuse
> the list of the greatest rudeness and intolerance are notable for
> their own attempts to shame or intimidate others.
>
> If I were a conspiracy-minded person (okay, I did watch *The
> X-Files*), I'd think that Dale and Donovan must really worry about the
> effect of open conversation on Vision 2020--they're working so hard to
> undermine it.

Interesting point, my dear spouse.  I'm wondering if Dale Courtney
would care to post a statistical analysis to http://right-mind.us
regarding what percentage of his blogging is generated by others' posts
to Vision 2020?  At the moment, the number of "stolen" versus original
photos on right-mind.us seems to be running at a ratio of 3 to 1.

And about Dale's claim to 6 trillion web-hits -- are we really expected
to believe that he has more readers than the New York Times?  Of
course, in terms of factual content, I'm willing to concede that Dale
Courtney is the equivalent of Jayson Blair.  In fact, why don't Dale,
Jayson and Donovan get together and make a little movie?  The Blair
Bitch Project.  Here, I'll write the script:

The scene opens in Friendship Square.  Donovan and Dale are sitting on
a bench.  Donovan attempts a jab at Moscow's beloved Brother Carl
regarding 1-900 numbers.  Dale, typing on his lap-top with one hand,
reaches into his pocket with the other for a copy of Donovan's Visa
bill.

Dale: Oh, yeah?  Looks like your girlfriend's name is Citibank.  [Heh,
heh.]

Donovan: Bullcrap!  Who told you that?  Did you know that I was an
expert in string theory?  Look, I have some string!  I'm using it to
hold up my trousers.

Dale: Shut up.  I'm blogging.  How do you spell string?

Donovan: S-T-R . . . how should I know?  Why don't you ask me about
Zoning Ordinance 9.1.0345 regarding the legality of serving alcohol to
those with a DSM-III diagnosis?

Dale: I think you'll find it's now the DSM-IV.

Donovan: Oh yeah?  Says who?

Dale: I read it on Vision 2020.

Donovan: Vision Twenty-shmenty.  DSM-IV?  Four?!  Show's what you know,
Butt-head.  Why don't you stop typing?

Dale: I can't.  I have typing Tourette's.  And who are you calling a
Butt-head, you hellbound spawn of a goat!  You'd better watch yourself
-- I got my backbone from the US Navy!  I bought it in the Phillipines
for 99 cents, along with two skewers of monkey meat and this really
cool freeze-dried mermaid.

Donovan: Ha!  There's no such thing as mermaids.  Or Bigfoot.  Or the
Loch Ness Monster.  Or George W. Bush.  When I was an ASUI Senator, I
wrote an episode for The Discovery Channel about . . .

Jayson Blair (hiding behind bench): This is great!  No one will ever
believe that I made these two up!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com