[Vision2020] I'm bitter and feeling cheated

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri May 27 11:54:42 PDT 2005

Doug Wilson has defined and explained what an Intolerista is and has.
I'm a charter member of the Intoleristas and let me tell you I've been
cheated, and I'm darned mad about it.
According to Doug Intoleristas are:
1.    listeners of NPR,
2.    are urbane, hip, sophisticated
3.    dialogue with others,
4.    do not run with scissors
 5.    subscribe to Mother Jones,  Rolling Stone, and The Nation,
 6.    drink coffee the beans of which were picked  in a way that didn't
involve corporations
7.     embrace a sort of scratch and sniff  diversity
8.    the poseurs of diversity
9.     sample spicy foods at an international  potluck,
10.    nod sagely whenever someone refers to the best  Thai restaurant
Doug claims that Intoleristas have:
11.    little plug-in aroma dispenser that smells as  though somebody
somewhere, on the other side of the world, might believe and  live differently,
12.     a CD player that has the murmuring forest  noises of indigenous
peoples around the globe living and believing differently  far, far away
13.      a ten thousand dollar slate shower that  makes them feel like they
are in touch with the rhythms of the earth,

Actually I have subscriptions to the Quilter's Newsletter  Magazine
and Martha Stewart Living.  My husband is a faithful  reader of the
Economist and Business  Week.  Joan enjoys Scottish Life and Melynda  loves  Friends
Journal.
I listen to NPR but am not urbane, witty or sophisticated....I do run with
scissors and don't play well with others
I don't drink very much coffee but I am told that some of our coffee beans
come from the Winco - which I suspect does have some corporate  affiliation.
Some of our coffee beans come from the Co-op.  I'll  check with them Doug, on
their buying protocols, after they have moved into  Garts - you know the
building that didn't get sold to you?  (Your revenge  motives for are  transparent
even to an unsophisticated person  like me.)
I can't remember the name of the best Thai restaurant I ever ate at, but it
was in fact in Bangkok, about a block east of the river and the food was
delicious - (no need to nod sagely, Doug).
Don't have plug in air purifiers, don't need them.  The odor of  sanctity
permeates and perfumes our home.
My CD doesn't play forest music - I open the back door for those  sounds.  My
CD player does play many, many, many Irish  songs (many in Gaelic - how's
that for pretentious, Doug?),  gospel,  especially Mahalia Jackson,  Tremain
Hawkins, and Sweet Honey and the  Rock,  Native American powwow music (is that
indigenous enough to quality,  Doug?), Billy Bragg, kd lange,  Eva Cassidy, Joan
Baez,  and  Potato Head.
But what I am really BITTER and ANGRY about is the total absence of a
$10,000 dollar slate shower.  I just don't have one, and apparently to be  an
Intolerista I should.  Would you ask the Deacon's Fund managers to look  into this
for me, Doug? Darn it all, considering all the shit thrown at me from  you and
other church members, the least thing I deserve it is the right  kind of
shower in which to wash it off.  I am a charter member of the  Intoleristas and I
would be sick and sorry if my secret membership card was  yanked because I
don't meet Intolerista standards.

Now, back to the real world.  What is the name of the club for  folks who
wilfully disobey city zoning laws, Doug?  Never mind, I think I  know --they are
called Kirkers.

Rose Huskey

are just  too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference
between doing  something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan