[Vision2020] Horse of Different Colour

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 10:48:08 PDT 2005

Dale Courtney's "hate-is-obvious-and-rampant-among-my-words" blog
reconstructs part of a MDN news report regarding the complaints against the
Alternative High and the UI that Mr. Joel Plaskon has decided were either
out of compliance (Alternative) or not (UI) with city codes.

What Dale does NOT quote from Mr. Plaskon is the fact that IF the
Alternative is out of compliance it is soley due to a "mistake the city
made."  The school did everything they were told to do, including
inspections by the City; Mr. Plaskon himself said "I just assumed they were
going to put another convinence store in there" despite the fact that the
buying, remodeling and moving in of the school into the building were very
well covered in the paper.  Yes, I realize you have to have blinders off in
order to actually read what the paper says and yes, I confess it probably is
true that that day Dales' and apparently Mr. Plaskon's, were firmly in
place, but still - the school did everything it was told to do.  And I have
no doubt the MSD will continue to follow the law - a concept CC/NSA/Atlas
seem to have a great deal of trouble understanding much less following.

A huge difference between NSA/Atlas and the MSD is that MSD does things out
in the open - NSA/Atlas SNEAK INTO TOWN and then try to do a
round-about-manuver and hope the rest of the community is wearing their
blinders while they do it.

Sorry to inform you Mr. Dale - my blinders went out with the rest of the CC
trash when we left the organization you like to label as a church.

I'd venture a guess that if any other entity or business had called Mr.
Plaskon and asked him to come down to their building to check and see if
they could "somehow make this a do-able thing" by changing this or that,
he'd have turned them down with a statement of "sorry, that would put me in
a bad situation of conflict of interest."  But, Dougie or Dale asking him to
"suggest changes to the building so that Atlas can stay in the
NuArt"...well, that's a "horse of a different colour" - possibly one with a
yellow streak up its back.