[Vision2020] Dale has a backbone? Where? Is that it wiggling in the Rosauer's fish counter?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 15:11:14 PDT 2005

Hello Ted,

First, I read the article you posted on election fraud, Ted -- the one
Dale took as evidence of your paranoia.  I, too, had hoped that it
would stimulate discussion, but I didn't start the ball rolling because
I quite simply found the facts too grim.  I'm no political ostrich, as
most here will attest, but good grief -- our last two presidential
elections have been profoundly depressing for the democrats (note the
small "d") among us.  This will mark me forever as a geek, but there's
a line in the new Star Wars movie that just about sums it up: Padme,
watching the galactic republic devolve into a monarchy under the cover
of endless war, remarks something along the lines of "Thus dies
Liberty, to a thunderous applause."

Dale is disingenuous.  He's manipulative.  He's unprofessional,
discourteous, he is shallow and a wimp.  Yes, a wimp.  Despite his
claims to have acquired a backbone in the Navy, Dale chooses to
"debate" us not on Vision 2020, among the elbowing, jostling
hoi-polloi, but from the safe distance of his self-moderated weblog.
There,  Dale sets the agenda and controls the discourse.  He's never in
danger of having his ass handed to him on a plate, as are the active
participants of Vision 2020, myself included.  This danger of being
shown up, of being corrected, of having to admit to being wrong, or
losing an argument, or making a mistake is the reason why Doug Wilson
and Doug Jones, et al., left us in late 2003, the Winter of Their
Discontent.  They found that they were losing too many arguments making
too few converts.  Vision 2020 was not good hunting ground for
lock-step thinkers.

If you'll all excuse my language, Dale is a classic chickenshit.  He
nitpicks from a safe distance, tossing little bits of gravel at the big
boys and girls.  It's clear that he reads 2020 religiously, and then
posts like mad about what he encounters here, but he does this in the
guise of the tattle-tale tit.  Dale nitpicks and runs away, living to
pick another day.  Backbone my fanny.  Dale snatched a tentacle off a
passing jellyfish and stuffed that wiggling length of slime down where
his vertebrae ought to be.

For all his faults (and they are many), Donovan, Dale's designated Roy
Cohn, remains on Vision 2020.  He fawns all over Dale on right-mind.us
(have you considered a good tongue-scraping, Donovan?  preferably with
bleach?) but he hasn't run away or hidden his ignorant belligerence
behind Mama Courtney's skirts.

Which isn't to say that I read Donovan's posts -- 15 per day and
counting -- because I don't.  I have other hobbies, like breathing.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com