[Vision2020] History is Being Rewritten!!!

Dick Schmidt dickschmidt at moscow.com
Thu May 26 07:59:22 PDT 2005

This is a conversation between Helen Thomas and Scott McClellan where McCLellan states that we were invited into Afghanistan and Iraq. Looks like the Bushes are trying to fool the red states even further.

Dick Schmidt

>From the Drudge Report Headlines

Helen Thomas Rides White House Press Sec: 'Were we invited into Iraq?'
Wed May 25 2005 17:16:06 ET

Wire Queen Helen Thomas today ripped into White House spokesman Scott McClellan over his claims the United States is in Afghanistan and Iraq -- by invitation.

Joined in progress...

Q The other day -- in fact, this week, you said that we, the United States, is in Afghanistan and Iraq by invitation. Would you like to correct that incredible distortion of American history --

MR. McCLELLAN: No, we are -- that's where we currently --

Q -- in view of your credibility is already mired? How can you say that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Helen, I think everyone in this room knows that you're taking that comment out of context. There are two democratically-elected governments in Iraq and --

Q Were we invited into Iraq?

MR. McCLELLAN: There are two democratically-elected governments now in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we are there at their invitation. They are sovereign governments, and we are there today --

Q You mean if they had asked us out, that we would have left?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, Helen, I'm talking about today. We are there at their invitation. They are sovereign governments -- Q I'm talking about today, too.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and we are doing all we can to train and equip their security forces so that they can provide for their own security as they move forward on a free and democratic future. Q Did we invade those countries?

MR. McCLELLAN: Go ahead, Steve.