[Vision2020] The truth about the Am Psy Association

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 00:13:23 PDT 2005

Dear Pat,

Who's dismissing you from Vision 2020?  Rose is not the Wizard of Oz;
she's not even the Wizard of Id.  First Melynda, then I, and now Rose
are simply doing our damnedest to make it clear to you that you and
your pal Dr. Laura have gotten this wrong.  Melynda has refuted both of
NARTH's (and thus Dr. Laura's) quotations from the referenced APA
papers on the subject of pedophilia; NARTH's references are inaccurate
and incomplete.  Worse yet, they're deliberately misleading.  Neither
the American Psychiatric Association NOR the American Psychological
Association supports child molestation.  Both condemn it.  As do I.  As
does Melynda.  As does Rose.  So you love Dr. Laura.  So what?  What's
the problem here?  Even great Homer nodded.  NARTH is wrong on this,
and so is the careless Dr. Laura.  Nothing new there; Dr. Laura is
radio's answer to Ann Coulter -- too long in the tooth for Fox News but
not old enough to take the old dirt nap.  (We could try burying her
anyway, but she'd probably pop back up.  Perhaps if we soaked the
ground with a few bottles of Manischevitz, she might lie down and just
seep in.)

You speculate as to who calls Dr. Laura for advice.  Might I suggest
the pathetic?  Or the desperate?  Or the bored?  Perhaps it's the same
people who willingly go onto Dr. Phil's show to be harangued by that
beefy, pot-bellied moron about being too fat, i.e., idiots with low
self-esteem and an unseemly desire to get their faces (and butts) on
television.  These are the same "people in the street" you see bouncing
up and down behind KLEW-TV anchormen making devil horns with their
fingers or mouthing "Hi, Mom."  Are they for real?  Alas, the results
of our last two presidential elections would suggest that they are.

Back to the world of dreams,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Dale Courtney, my blogstalker, seems to have stolen yet another
photograph without permission, this one of myself.  Fortunately, it's a
picture I like.  I like because I took it.  I did not, however, give
Dale permission to download it or to post it; neither, I suspect, did
New West Magazine.  As Mr. Copyright monitors this list closely (if
surreptitiously and while wearing a worn-out fedora and a dirty old
raincoat) then I would suggest that he contact me pronto requesting my
written permission to use my work.