[Vision2020] Doing Kai's work for him

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 08:02:40 PDT 2005

J writes,

"I could care less if they were this church or that
one"

Come’ on! You really expect us to believe you really
care about what other churches and non-profits are
doing? Are you going after Girl Scouts of America for
not paying taxes on their cookies (I really like the
mint ones best)? Or how about going after the UI for
skipping out on taxes on parking permits and being in
the wrong zoning district? I doubt it.

You and a handful of others on here have done nothing
but make part-time/full-time jobs out of looking for
things that Christ Church and NSA have done wrong.
Even to the point of causing vandalism! And no I am
not going to paw through the V2020 archives to prove
my point.

I am not saying that I am not guilty of bigotry
against NSA and Christ Church. Of course I am. I
disagree with many of their teachings. But I am not
BLINDED with rage and hatred. To judge all people at
NSA and Christ Church the same without knowing them is
as bigoted and as foul as judging all members of the
Mormon Church, all Catholics, all Jews, or all Muslims
the same based on what their religious leaders preach.
They are all individuals that deserve to be treated as
such like any other member of the community.

I may not regard Doug Wilson as a man I would attend
church with. However, members of Christ Church are not
keying my car, vandalizing my property, littering on
my sidewalk, letting their dogs lose on my garbage
cans, playing loud music in the middle of the night
when I am trying to sleep, or blowing cigarette smoke
through my living room window. In effect, they do not
bother me nearly as much as many other people in this
community.

Much ado has been made about the comments of Doug
Wilson. I ask, WHO CARES? It is absolutely ridiculous
how people want to destroy the lives of anyone who so
much as buys a cup of coffee from Brucer's or says
"Hi" to Paul Kimmell. “Why?” I ask. Is your hatred and
boredom run that deep? Can I not buy a sandwich from
Co-Op and coffee from Brucer’s to go with it without
being branded a liberal or a Kirker?

Now people are saying NSA and CC are not even donating
back to the community or that it is not enough???

THAT IS BS! Who are you to say that donating blood
(life) is not enough? Who are YOU to say that giving
people the education to stay off the streets and take
care of their family is not enough? You are nobody to
say such a thing. We are not privy to how much money
the members of Christ Church give to charities or
organizations. So to proclaim such a statement as they
do not give is the height of arrogance.

Unless you have undeniable evidence that you
contribute more money and resources then the members
of Christ Church you are a hypocrite for attacking
them for their donations and community service.

There are many things that can be said about Christ
Church that we can disagree with. And trust me, I do!
Most of us do. But lying about Christ Church or NSA to
make others hate them for what they are NOT doing is
wrong. To spend huge amount of resources dividing our
community over the religious beliefs of any group of
people is wrong, pointless, and destructive to our
community.

Please stop dividing our community over religion. This
has gone too far. No church can stand up to the level
of criticism and standards that are placed on NSA and
Christ Church at this point. The community would never
agree on any single religion.

I welcome debate about the teachings of CC, but in a
respectful and productive manner. Not one that rips
our community apart. No revenge against any Church is
worth this much hatred and destruction of the
community. Moscow deserves better.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

Mr. Ted;

You state, correctly in my opinion, that profit
organizations that pay
taxes
is a way for them to help support the community that
they are supported
by.
Non-profits such as churches, etc. usually also give
back to the
community
by way of charity benefits/donations, openings,
gallary shows, and in
the
case of churches - especially in this community - they
give back to the
community by way of assistance to the poor and/or
needy in ways that
far
out-weigh what taxes some pay...such as food/clothing
banks, energy
assistance, gas assistance, day care, education, and
so on.

Christ Church, on the other hand, does not take part
in any of those
activities.  Oh, sure they "volunteer" their building
two/three times a
year
for the blood bank, but so do other places such as the
MSD, other
churches,
and so on.  Christ Church has refused to take part in
the food bank
simply
because the food bank accepts federal monies and
foods.  But neither do
they
have one of their own open to the public.  Rather,
they help the people
in
their church THEY feel are in need.  I am not
down-playing that, I'm
just
stating a fact.  It is not, however, without a lecture
and demand of
attending or at least reading books on how to better
manage your
family's
finances so you don't get into a position of being
needy again.  No, I
am
not saying that is totally a bad thing either; what I
am saying is that
there are circumstances that can not be helped and
being called a
"slacker"
by people you turn to for help - does not help.

Restricting the expansion of a church owned business
that first sneaks
into
down town and THEN applies for permits needs to be
examined and is a
good
thing and the responsible thing to do.  It was my
impression that the
church
should be able to hold itself up to the light and be
clean.  CC can not
do
that when they continue to impose themselves into
areas they are not
allowed
and may not be welcomed (such as residential areas
that are not zoned
for
ANY kind of business much less a school or college.)

I could care less if they were this church or that one
- if it is doing
something behind the scenes and then crying "foul"
when caught - they
deserve to be held up for public comment and
discipline.  THAT is what
is
going on with CC, despite what some people would have
the community
believe.

=== message truncated ===