[Vision2020] Doing Kai's work for him

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 23:25:29 PDT 2005

Mr. Ted;

You state, correctly in my opinion, that profit organizations that pay taxes
is a way for them to help support the community that they are supported by.
Non-profits such as churches, etc. usually also give back to the community
by way of charity benefits/donations, openings, gallary shows, and in the
case of churches - especially in this community - they give back to the
community by way of assistance to the poor and/or needy in ways that far
out-weigh what taxes some pay...such as food/clothing banks, energy
assistance, gas assistance, day care, education, and so on.

Christ Church, on the other hand, does not take part in any of those
activities.  Oh, sure they "volunteer" their building two/three times a year
for the blood bank, but so do other places such as the MSD, other churches,
and so on.  Christ Church has refused to take part in the food bank simply
because the food bank accepts federal monies and foods.  But neither do they
have one of their own open to the public.  Rather, they help the people in
their church THEY feel are in need.  I am not down-playing that, I'm just
stating a fact.  It is not, however, without a lecture and demand of
attending or at least reading books on how to better manage your family's
finances so you don't get into a position of being needy again.  No, I am
not saying that is totally a bad thing either; what I am saying is that
there are circumstances that can not be helped and being called a "slacker"
by people you turn to for help - does not help.

Restricting the expansion of a church owned business that first sneaks into
down town and THEN applies for permits needs to be examined and is a good
thing and the responsible thing to do.  It was my impression that the church
should be able to hold itself up to the light and be clean.  CC can not do
that when they continue to impose themselves into areas they are not allowed
and may not be welcomed (such as residential areas that are not zoned for
ANY kind of business much less a school or college.)

I could care less if they were this church or that one - if it is doing
something behind the scenes and then crying "foul" when caught - they
deserve to be held up for public comment and discipline.  THAT is what is
going on with CC, despite what some people would have the community believe.