[Vision2020] Primary Function of Downtown is not Business, but People

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 20:53:51 PDT 2005

Mr. Hansen,

You scribbled, "And just what religion might the "Gay
church" be? Or are you suggesting that Gay, in itself,
is a religion?"

There are 5,410,000 hits on Google for "Gay Church".
You pick one Mr. Hansen. The rest of the world knows
what I mean. If you do not you can research it
yourself.

Yeah, discrimination against religion IS
discrimination. That was my intended point and why I
used those words. Glad you caught it, along with
everyone else.

"Discriminate application of zoning code enforcement
against only those entities that violate it?"

First, discriminate application, and discriminatingly
enforcing are not the same, and it is illegal. Second,
you are pretending to ignore the fact that no other
group of people in Moscow have a full-time prosecutor
working against them and everything they do. Other
businesses and entities are not operating within the
proper guidelines of the law. Why are they not being
prosecuted by the law? Where is your complaint against
the UI Mr. Hansen for being in the wrong zone
according to city code? Should you not be more
outraged at them, they are bigger, in greater
violation, and have an army of lawyers to know better?

"Property tax income (revenue) goes to the city?  Is
Latah County aware of that?" Good point, my error, but
no matter who is taking the money out of the public
pocket, it is still the public pocket, county or city.
And property taxes is not the issue here, no matter
where NSA is located it would be tax-exempt anyway.

"And just what "other areas" do you have in mind " . .
. that can bring in more money and resources?"

Well, if we are going to start taxing colleges and
universities, there is another one in town. Lodging
taxes, and auxiliary parking taxes could be levied
against the University without even going through the
Idaho State Legislature. You could also levy a water
hook up tax for those new homes on a prorated system
based on the size of the unit and the amount of
non-paved square footage of the property.

Please do not insult the intelligence of the people of
Moscow by saying the reason of the filing against NSA
is about property taxes or enforcement of the zoning
code. It is not and nobody with common sense is buying
that line of garbage. You only look like a fool making
that argument if you expect us to accept that
nonsense. These are just excuses for allowing the
practice of bigotry against a religion we do not
accept as our own.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold