[Vision2020] Doing Kai's work for him

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Mon May 23 17:19:49 PDT 2005

Hi Again Kai,

I've got a couple of questions/comments for you  :-)

First, you wrote:
"2. Mr. Leons and the massage school are "for profit" enterprises. NSA is
not."

What is the basis for your statement that NSA isn't "for profit"?   I've
been looking for *factual* evidence to support that assertion for awhile now
and haven't found it.  Indeed, quite to the contrary, the more I've looked,
the more questions I have.

I'm certainly not an expert, but it appears to me that NSA was *organized*
as a non-profit.  However, other than its own self-assertion, I've not seen
one scintilla of evidence that shows NSA *operates* as a non-profit.
Certainly, NSA isn't a 501(c)(3) because it refuses to apply for such
status:  they want the benefit of being *perceived* to be non-profit without
the concomitant responsibilities and obligations that come with being a
legitimate non-profit.  I believe an *objective* examination of it's
operations gives credible reason to question whether or not its operating to
benefit private interests.

So, if you've got information that settles the question of whether or not
NSA is, in fact, non-profit, ***please*** share.

Second, you wrote:
"There was no outcry about NSA moving into the downtown area, the outcry
only happened after Wilson's book came out."

Sorry . . . you've got a chronology problem with the above:  Wilson's SSAIW
came out, I believe, in 1996, while NSA didn't move into its current
location until ***7+/- years*** later.

Besides, even if you didn't have the chronology wrong, I'm not so sure it
matters.  I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that 90+% of the community didn't
know that NSA's decision to move to the CB zoning district was in violation
of our laws, and I'd bet you more dollars to doughnuts that 95+% of our
community didn't know NSA has a history of disregarding the zoning
regulations the rest of us follow.

Surely you're not implying that anyone sneaky enough to get away with
breaking the law should escape accountability and consequences, are you?

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.