[Vision2020] Doing Kai's work for him

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Mon May 23 13:02:55 PDT 2005

Joan, I would have expected better of you.
You've resorted to name calling now? Gee, when I was on the speech/debate
team in high school and college, I would have been granted the win.
That aside, let me state I am not cowed by the current fashion of attacking
people personally when one doesn't agree with a view. When it happens, it is
nothing more than a desperate act of emotion rather than reason.
I am veiwing the proceedings of the "NSA problem" from a "common sense"
point of view. And common sense says that people are "splitting hairs". The
ONLY differences between the other schools and NSA are:
1. Mr. Leons and the massage school are "doing business" as schools. NSA is
recognized as a school.
2. Mr. Leons and the massage school are "for profit" enterprises. NSA is
not.
3. NSA is a religious school, the others aren't.
There was no outcry about NSA moving into the downtown area, the outcry only
happened after Wilson's book came out. Then there was a HUGE backlash,
including vandalism to a coffee shop owned by a CC member. Since then the
over-riding battle cry has been "Get them out!" "Not on the Palouse, not
now, not ever!" "They are a cult!"
The zoning issue turned out to be NSA's achilles heel and, thus, has been
used as a legal means of countering Wilson's views without seeming to be a
part of the frenzy. Thinly veiled, but effective.
Of course the most obvious defense to that is. "but I'm a (your church here)
member". As if a Christian wouldn't attack a Christian. Ummmmm sorry,
history doesn't bear that out.
I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday. This is an ideological
battle, pure and simple.
Call it what you want, but if it walks like a duck and talks like a

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle
521 S. Jackson St.