[Vision2020] Editor Kai -- not getting it.

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:20:49 PDT 2005

Kai et. al.

Kai wrote:

> Then, when they found out that CC and NSA espoused a view diametricaly
> opposed to their own ie: The male is the head of the household, one man one
> woman marriage ideals, a viewpoint that homosexuality is wrong.
> Then, and only then, did a few people get up in arms.

There is a lot more involved in this "conflict" than gender and sexual
identity politics.  The ideology of Christ Church denies the authority
of  "secular" government at all levels, if it is not under the
ultimate authority of the word of God in the Bible.  Only government
under the authority of the guidance of the Bible is legitimate,
according to the thinking of CC leaders.  Of course this is a view
held by many Christian churches, even other Christian churches in our
area, even some in the US Congress at this moment.  It is view also
held in a different religious tradition in some other countries who
want Islamic government, not a secularized government not under the
authority of the Koran.

To suggest that those pursuing legal issues involved with CC related
activities in Moscow are unfairly targeting this church perhaps needs
to be balanced with the fact that CC's ideology, as I pointed out,
does not ultimately recognize the authority of "secular" government.
Why should they be observant of all tax law when some taxes they may
pay go to support what they regard as "evil," i.e. the public schools
and their "agnostic" or "atheist" agenda.   Why should they follow the
laws and/or code regarding where a college higher education should be
located in Moscow?  They follow what they regard as a "higher" law.

If CC was honest at all levels in their dealings with the public and
the law, they might make a good case for civil disobedience on
religious principles against paying property taxes that support the
God denying agenda (as they claim) of the public schools.

They could perhaps use similar reasoning to protest the legal
restrictions which it seems rather clear were intended to not allow
the downtown business core to be the site of a college of higher
education.
What agenda is more important than the education of those seeking to
follow God's eternal law?

CC could seek to change the law and/or code to explicitly allow a
college of higher education in the downtown business core.

If you are going to attempt to expose the emotional bias of those who
want the law followed regarding the existence of a educational college
in the downtown business core, a balanced objective view of all sides
of this issue might include the biases of those who you think are
being unfairly targeted.

Ted Moffett