[Vision2020] Editor Kai -- not getting it.

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 16:32:51 PDT 2005

Kai writes:

"Joan, my dear, please look up the definition of 'school.' You'll find the
term includes colleges/universities.  You may apologize later."

You won't be getting an apology from me, Chuckles.  Why?  Because I don't
need a dictionary to know that there is more than one kind of school, and
"kind" in the case of Moscow City Ordinance is the operative word.  A
liberal arts college is one kind of school; a dog obedience class is
another.  Perhaps at the New St. Andrews they teach "sit" and "stay," but I
don't think that the Oxford English Dictionary will help you make the case
that Doug Wilson and Barbara Woodhouse are one and the same.  (Though this
does suggest a new book title for Canon Press: No Bad Christians!)

Kai continues:

"I base my opinion on here, by what I've read on here. Rather than sticking
to facts, several posters have instead railed against what Wilson has said
and preaches. Only occasionaly, has someone offered anything but rhetoric.
Conclusion: The attacks are purely because of the school's/church's stance
on a given issue.  The massage school and Mr. Leon's are doing business as
schools. The only difference (besides curriculum) is profit.....and
religious affiliation."

Bollocks.  Mike Curley, Bill London, Rose Huskey, Wayne Fox, Saundra Lund,
Melynda Huskey, Ted Moffett, and many, many other posters have offered you
substantive examples of the difference between commercial/trade schools and
New St. Andrews.  They have explained in detail why the former is not like
the latter; why the former is permitted and the latter is not; and what the
effect of continuing to allow NSA to operate (and to expand) in the Central
Business District might be.  You are simply not paying attention.  No, I
don't like what Doug Wilson preaches.  So what?  That has absolutely
nothing to do with the zoning complaint filed by Nolan, Hansen, and Bauer.
And, just for the record, I don't worship the earth or trees or frog farts
or whatever it is that you think the many and varied critics of Mr.
Wilson's theology do on a Sunday morning.  Wake up and smell the CBD
ordinance, Kai.  It is very clear, and that's why the Board of Zoning
Adjustment's vote against NSA's continued downtown operation was two to one.

The only options now are for the Moscow City Council to 1) enforce their
own zoning rules, or 2) to rewrite those rules for the sole benefit of NSA.
No need for me to look up "school," or for you to look up "witch hunt."
You can put away your matches -- this isn't Salem, and Doug isn't starring
in a Moscow re-make of "The Crucible."  He's just whining.  Again.

Now, you ask if anyone has checked into Nate and Aaron's complaint against
the Co-Op.  Of course they have.  I refer you once again to Bill London and
to Mike Curley (http://zonemoscow.com).  You're a newspaper editor; stop
being so lazy.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com