[Vision2020] RE: Downtown Zoning Games

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 20 13:01:33 PDT 2005

That is what puzzles me, Mr. Seman.

Moscow Chamber of Commerce President Paul Kimmel has sent at least one
communication to the Board of Adjustment (and, more than likely, the City
Council) urging an expedient conclusion to complaints concerning city
zoning.

The communication was created and transmitted by Mr. Kimmel within 48 hours
of an e-mail sent by NSA President Roy Atwood to Christ Church and Trinity
Reformed Church Heads of Household encouraging them " . . . to send letters
expressing your [their] support of the College being in the Central Business
District . . . "

http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/Atwood_NSA_CBD_Email.htm

As you yourself have noticed, you have neither received nor are aware of any
such communications originating from any other member of the Chamber.

It is my opinion that the Board of Adjustment, and possibly the City
Council, is a victim of undue pressure being forced upon it by sources whose
authority does not extend beyond New Saint Andrews College.

Thank you,

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)