[Vision2020] FYI to Donovan Arnold

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 19 20:55:22 PDT 2005

Mr. Arnold -

If you will be so kind as to examine Ms. Opyr's response, you will notice
that (in effect) she was responding to my response to you.  Her "Bozo
filter", as she calls it, would have "bounced" the e-mail had it been posted
by you.  Alas, it was not.  It was posted by me.  Your initial posting was
within my response. OK?

Now concerning your comment:

"So I really do not give a damn what a forty year old women who still lives
with mommy and daddy, with no real job, or foreseeable future, does not
respond to my comments or presentation of facts and information contrary to
her FEELINGS."

WOW!  I really do not know where to start with this one.  So, let's dissect
your diatribe.

1.  "So I really do not give a damn what a forty year old women [woman] . .
. "

Joan is not quite 40 yet, Mr. Arnold.  However, it is my understanding that
she is a woman.  Score - Arnold 1, Ignorance 1

2.  " . . . who still lives with mommy and daddy,"

Mr. Arnold. Now, really!  Joan Opyr is from North Carolina.  Although I have
never met her "mommy and daddy", I will assume that they do not reside
within easy commuting distance.  Score - Arnold 1, Ignorance 2

3.  " . . . with no real job,"

Well, Mr. Arnold.  You are fond of dictionaries.  Look up the phrase
"published author" (and we will not even get into her Master's degree now
will we?)  Score - Arnold 1, Ignorance 3

4.  " . . . or foreseeable future,"

See #3, above.  Score - Arnold 1, Ignorance 4

5.  " . . . does not respond to my comments or presentation of facts and
information contrary to her FEELINGS."

Perhaps one reason why Joan does not respond to your comments is her "Bozo
Filter" that you are well aware of.

Your presentation of facts??  We're still waiting on those.

"Facts and information contrary to . . . feelings????"  Sounds like the
theme to the 2004 Republican National Convention.

FINAL SCORE - Arnold 1 (thankful that Arnold can identify a woman 2 out of 3
times without a cheat sheet), Ignorance 5

Well, Mr. Arnold.  It looks like you lose out to ignorance again.  To some
people that would be a setback.  To you, it's a lifestyle.

Later, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"