[Vision2020] State Board of Ed

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu May 19 20:55:19 PDT 2005

Donovan:

You did not provide me a definition of what the State Board of Education considers
"approved."  You also did not provide me with sufficient evidence to make my own
decision on whether or not the SBOE "approves" NSA.  Provide me with a link on the
SBOE website that defines "approved" and also a link that defines "accredited."

No where in the city code do I see where it says that an institution has to be approved
to teach higher ed courses.  The way the code is written, leaves room for discresion.
Joel used his discresion and the board overturned it using their discresion and
interpretation of the code.

So lets say that NSA was "approved to teach higher ed courses" by the SBOE, how current
is this list on the SBOE website?  Have you actually called the SBOE to see if NSA is
approved?  Is it possible that the list has not been updated yet?

If accredited means approved, then why does the code state "approved OR accredited?"
Why wouldn't the code just say "approved" or just say "accredited" and not both?

Just because you write something does not mean that it is true.  The same way that
Tom or Rose or Saundra or anyone else for the matter write things, they may
not necessarily be true.  Especially if there is no research to support their claims.

Tim

P.S. This email contains information that could be deemed untruthful.  Please consider
this information when making your mind up on whether or not this email contains any
truthful information.  There has been no research done to support anything that has
been written in the above mentioned email.  Please disregard this disclaimer altogether
as the person who wrote it could potentially be lying.