[Vision2020] Wilsons attack Moscow Food Co-op

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 11:12:18 PDT 2005

Mr. Leon's is a retail business as the "students" are giving/being paid for
hair care.  They also sell hair products, etc.   Their numbers are FAR less
than NSA and they have a very low impact on the downtown area in regards to
parking for their students.  Not to mention they use the other down town
businesses.

Mr. Leon's is listed NOT as a school but as a Corporation/General Business
with the State of Idaho.  Mr. Leon's pays taxes.

The Moscow School of Massage is listed with the State of Idaho as being a
Corporation/General Business.  The Moscow School of Massage does pay taxes.

The only thing NSA is selling is how to be an isolationist - the are
told/"encouraged" to shop among CC businesses; while SOME of them do use the
Co-op that is a very low number; the parking for 150 students (possibly as
many as 500 if Doug has his way) can be very overwhelming to the area; there
is absolutely nothing even remotely "retail" about them - they sell their
text books among themselves for their classes.

New Saint Andrews IS listed as a school with the State of Idaho and in fact
DOES have a certification and authorization from the State to operate as a
school.  NSA does NOT pay taxes.

Sorry - different kind of items.

According to the State of Idaho Secretary of State office any business can
call itself what it wants - those two examples added "school" to their name
- doesn't mean they necessarily fall into the category of what the
traditional definition of school is.  Nor do they have certification or
recognition by the State Department of Education as being schools.

J  :)