[Vision2020] Co-op/Garts/Safeway

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 14:44:44 PDT 2005

Without venturing an opinion on the sticky wicket that is the NSA zoning
flap, because it's way over my head, I do have a question regarding the "old
Gart's building" that will be the future home of the Co-op.  Before it was
Gart's (and Herman's, and about 117 other iterations of sporting goods
stores), it was Safeway, where I spent hours idling away at what was at the
time Moscow's best magazine section.  As Ellen Roskovich asked a few days
ago, the building was a grocery store then.  Why not now?  I'm confuzzled.

                                       Carl Westberg Jr.