[Vision2020] "Off The Wall" Content: My Pledge

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:45:47 PDT 2005

Donovan et. al.

Thanks for your tongue in cheek humorous reply!

My last post was "Off The Wall..." as the subject heading correctly
indicated, which should alert the reader that the post may not be
serious and/or accurate in content and/or tone.

After all, though "Off The Wall" might mean something different to
everyone, many would agree it can be defined as "spontaneous,
uncensored and lacking in attention to detail."

Of course, many on the V2020 list serve do not want any "Off The Wall"
posts, but in the real world of unmoderated Internet list serves, this
is an unrealistic expectation

I therefore suggest that when someone authors a post that fits this
"Off The Wall" description, they include the words "Off The Wall" in
the subject heading.  The reader can ignore or delete this post if
"Off The Wall" content is not what they desire.

Regarding the omission of the word "did" in my last V2020 post, in the
immortal words of Donovan Arnold written to Tom Hansen:

"Everyone is fully aware that I goofed. They do not
need it pointed out to them by you."

Imagine the following spoken in a booming commanding voice from a
palatial balcony overlooking the Empire of Ancient Rome, like Joaquin
Phoenix who played the Emperor of Rome in the movie Gladiator:

"With all possible Gods, Goddesses, and spiritual beings and powers of
any description now followed by all human beings on planet Earth as my
witness, I hereby pledge I will not author another "Off The Wall" post
today."

Imagine what I might face if I broke that pledge?  The current
protests against the desecration of the Koran would pale in
comparison!

Ted Moffett