[Vision2020] Palouse Empire Mall rejects Public Transportation...

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 11:02:01 PDT 2005

Dick;

I just talked to the mall people; they told me to call Jim Bendixson,
509-747-2009,
as he is the mall property manager.

The receptionist at the mall office told me that the mall decided to stop
allowing the bus service as the mall wants to hold monthly lot car sales and
the 30-40 spaces used by "park-and-ride" patrons take up too much room.  She
said those people are not willing to pay for the parking spot and the
dealers are.  She also stated "most of them go to Pullman anyway."  She also
stated that Wingers did not want any of their spots used by the people using
the bus.