[Vision2020] Approved, Accreditated, Whatever

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 16:19:18 PDT 2005

--- J Ford <prprivatejf at hohotmailom> wrote:
> AGAIN - when you talk about accreditation vs. not
> being acaccreditatedyou
> have to take into consideration the school's public
> vs. private status.

No you do not. A school must be accredited by either
the State Board of Education or an agency approved by
the State Board of Education.

> I know I, for one, have stated several times as have
> others...the State
> can/does cecertifynd acaccreditateUBLIC schools
> that receive PUBLIC monies.

Yes it does. NSNSAs not one of them.

> NSNSAs PRIVATE and receives PRIVATE monies.  NSNSA>
can, by SOSOBEules, ask to
> be acaccreditatedy the State of Idaho, but it is NOT
> required to do so.
> This in no way prohibits it from being called an
> educational facility.  Fact
> is, the State DOES recognize that NSNSAs a college.

No, it does not. It state recognizes that it teaches
post secondary education courses. Which anyone can do
from their living room. It does not mean that those
English courses that I teach have anything to do with
college.

> NOT a State of Idaho
> acaccreditatedollege, but a college none the less.
> IT HAS A CERTIFICATE OF
> APPROVAL - shsheesh

Sorry, that certificate is not even recognized by
state statue. It is simply stating that it teachers
postsecondary classes. Intro basket weaving at the
YMCA is postsecondary classes as well. They are
however, not college level courses.

> NSNSAan/has submit(ed) a request to an accreditation
> organization that
> allows them to follow their format for teaching and
> philosophy - which,
> if/when approved by TRTRACSwould allow NSNSAo say
> "we are an acaccreditated
> ininsitutionnder TRTRACS

TRTRACSs not an acaccreditinggency approved by the
SBSBOEIt is no more legally meaningful then if you or
I formed a club and set own acaccreditingtstandards

> No where in the state statutes does it say that the
> State of Idaho HAS to
> approve of the accreditation ororginization

Yes it does. You bet it does. The SBSBOEs the
authority on matters of education and exexplicitlys
given authority in state statue to regulate and set
standards of education in the state of Idaho or
operating out of the state of Idaho, both private and
public.

 However,
> if it is not one that
> UIUIfor instance, recognizes as being legitimate or
> up to their standards,
> UIUIan choose not to allow credits earned at NSNSAo
> transfer, should a
> student decide to enroll.  This happens even with
> homeschooling, private
> high schools, etc.  The same is true for a student
> enrolling in any school
> in the country...some credits transfer as they are
> compatible with the new
> school's program requirements and some don't.

UIUIill only take credits from a nationally accredited
college or university recognized by the SBSBOEr
another Idaho State institution accredited by the
SBSBOEAnd it does not even have to take those if it
does not want to. I have had credits from NINIChrown
out at UIUInd had to retake the same class because the
number or the name of the course was different.

> Regarding the Nursing program at LSLSCS
> (hthttp/wwwwwclcscdeduunurdiv:
>
> Bachelor Of Science In Nursing:
>
> " Established in 1979, the program is accredited by
> the Commission on
> Collegiate Nursing Education (CCCCNEand approved by
> the Idaho State Board of
> Nursing. "

As I said, that is the BACHELOR program. That means
you are already a nurse. Different program. It is the
RN and LPLPRrograms that make you a nurse. But you
know, I am willing to bet an email would be too
chchallengingo confirm this fact, right?

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

> Practical Nursing:
>
> "The Practical Nursing Program at Lewis-Clark State
> College is a new program
> and is the first practical nursing program in the
> state of Idaho that
> students graduate with an Associate of Applied
> Science Degree... Established
> in 2003, the program is approved by the Idaho State
> Board of Nursing and the
> Idaho State Board of Education. The program will be
> applying for
> accreditation through the National League of
> Nursing. "
>
> Frankly, I believe as the same things are being said
> over and over, this
> topic may very well have spent itself.
>
> Shall we move on?
>
> Thank you.

> Express yourself instantly with MSMSNessenger!
> Download today - it's FREE!

hthttp/messenger.msmsnlick-ururlom/go/ononm200471ave/direct/01/