[Vision2020] NSA and Accreditation

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Sat May 14 12:33:01 PDT 2005

Greetings:

Mr. Ford just posted that NSA will soon receive its accreditation from the
Transnational Association of
Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS).  I'm afraid that it will not be so
soon as long as a third of their teaching staff still have only the B.S.
or  B.A.  Even TRACS, the lowest level Bible College accrediting agency,
requires that its instructors have the M.A.

I did not attend the hearing, but if the description of Greg Dickison's
response is correct, then he has learned well from his Master's First Rule
of Argument: Don't respond to their arguments, attack them personally instead.

Nick Gier, Head Banshee
Palouse Region, Planet Earth
Natsoon.

Greg Dickison's behavior learned from Doug Wilson.

"Modern physics has taught us that the nature of any system cannot be
discovered by dividing it into its component parts and studying each part
by itself. . . .We must keep our attention fixed on the whole and on the
interconnection between the parts. The same is true of our intellectual
life. It is impossible to make a clear cut between science, religion, and
art. The whole is never equal simply to the sum of its various parts."
--Max Planck

Nicholas F. Gier
Professor Emeritus, Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
1037 Colt Rd., Moscow, ID 83843
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/home.htm
208-882-9212/FAX 885-8950
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO
http://users.adelphia.net/~nickgier/ift.htm