[Vision2020] Emergency ordinance information

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Fri May 13 09:54:42 PDT 2005

One of the reasons this draft ordinance reached consensus so quickly was
the 5 year review period.  I see it as an "evolving" document, depending
on what scientific info shows up in coming years.  Believe me, there was
not full agreement as to the nature of the hydrogeology of the Moscow
sub-basin.  But there was agreement that studies need to continue BEFORE
allowing large, water-intensive land-use operations to begin.

Also, many of the uses that were deemed "prohibited" are no longer
located within the sub-basin.  Nobody there could think of any new
dairies popping up.  I'm all for forward thinking as far as water
conservation is concerned.  Maybe this will get the city of Moscow
thinking a little harder about it as well (jab jab).

Besides, if anyone has problems with it, that's why there's public
hearings.  It ain't law yet.

DC