[Spam] [Vision2020] Motives

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu May 5 12:36:02 PDT 2005

> I am tired of the mis management of funds that is appropriated for
> the kids.
> Our children get some of the most highest dollars in the nation
> per student.
> What does that lead you to believe? Mis management of funds. These
> are facts

Well Phil, I don't know for sure, and I won't know anytime soon if there is a
mismanagement of funds in MSD.  MSD, like every other public school system in the US,
must spend the money that they get on education.  If that money is not spend on
education, then a mismanagement has occurred.  However, I believe that the MSD has spent
every tax dollar, every federal dollar, every nickel found in the middle of the hall
as best as they possibly can.  It may not be the most cost effective school system in
Idaho, but it is probably the best at what they do, which is educate students.  Again,
this is just my opinion based on my own perception of what I think a good and effective
education should look like.

> You are absolutely wrong. I have two Grandkids in the system.

Great, I am glad that your grandchildren are in the MSD, they are receiving quality
education at a quality price.  I hope they learn a lot and grow up to be upstanding
citizens who can think critically, attend college and get a degree, get good
paying jobs and support my peers and I as the future retired people in America.

> If I cared about money I would not have moved here.  The
> University needs to
> stay in the education business. They do not need to be on the book
> business.They don't need to be in the food business. They don't
> need to be in the
> landlord business. They don't need to be in the beef business, etc.

The University of Idaho is not unlike any other university on America or even abroad.
Every College or University in the country has a bookstore, a food court, dorm
facilities, graduate and married housing, and even the occasional butcher shop.  The
life of a college student is one unlike any other life in the world.  Compare the daily
trials and tribulations of a college student to that of a assembly line worker,
executive, engineer, doctor, or any other profession, and you will see how uniquely
different the life of a student is.  Being in college provides for opportunities
unlimited and by having a place to eat (food court), a place to sleep (dorms), a place
to by books or cd's (bookstore), or even a place to get a tasty sausage
(vandal meats) is something that we cherish.  Some college students don't buy there
books at the book store, their food from the food court, their meat from the meat
locker, or their housing from the residence halls or greeks, they support the community
by spending their money at WinCo, Otto Hill Apartments, C&L Meat Locker, Book People,
and yes, even CJ's.  The argument of the University staying out of the various entities
holds little weight since the mission of the University is to support the students, the
staff, the faculty, and the community.  UI is doing this every day by making facilities
available for their students, faculty, staff, and the community of Moscow.

Why should the UI be any different that every other college by not offering the same
facilities as the college down the road (WSU)?  How many students would we lose if for
some reason UI decided that they no longer wanted to have dorms, food courts, a
bookstore or other businesses that you claim they should stay out of?  Does it make
sense for UI to offer some of the things you are against Phil to attract more students
who will in turn spend more money at places like CJ's?

> My income is only 61/2 months long. I do not make anything near
> what you
> think I do. I have exorbitant taxes, insurance, expenses that are
> escalatingjust like yours at lightning speed.

Is CJ's closed during the Summer time?  I would not know since I refuse to step foot
in the place.  If I were losing money or barely breaking even on a business venture,
I think I would sell the place, and close up shop.

> I did. 10% cut in the budget across the board or from wherever you
> can get
> it, but it needs a 10% cut. That 10% would help fund the new high
> school and
> repair the existing elementary schools without a single penny in tax
> increase. That's the plan.

You really think by cutting 10% out of the budget that we will be able to build a new
high school and remodel all of the other schools or even the two elementary schools.

This is hardly a plan, this is merely a suggestion.  I won't consider this a plan until
I see where you would like to cut the 10% from.  Break down the budget, propose your
suggested cuts, and then I will call your suggestion a plan.  Show us some truthful
numbers, team up with Dale and Jack and make some graphs or charts.  I want to see a
scatterplot and a stemplot, then a pie chart with colors, and a histogram.  Do some
more work on your suggestion and propose it as a plan.  Then run for school board and
see if anyone believes the bull you spew.

> They have been mis informing and mis leading the public. Can't you
> see the
> facts? They are all documented. I am sorry the truth hurts.

I must have missed the memo that said facts on the front cover.  Like I mentioned
before, I think MSD is doing the best they can with what they have.  Mail me a copy
of the facts and I will develop my own opinion.

Tim